It may be Lent in my culture and all that Catholic jazz, but since it is getting hot in Florida now and the weather has JUMPED INTO THE MID 80S, I NEED A SPRING BREAK TRIP TO A COLD COLD Florida spring. How cold? 65 deg F.
I have my favorite springs. Ahh, and after I may or may not reveal the tough year we have been having, you may or may not wonder why I am not THERE ALREADY.
But here are my favorite springs:
Click here for another site to see where this best kept Florida secret is.
1 Ginnie Springs
2. Blue Springs Volusia County
3. Deleon Springs Volusia County
4. Any springs in the Ocala National Forest. Silver Glen and Alexander Springs are my favorite.
5. Wekiwa Springs off of Interstate 4 near Casselberry, Florida on the other side of I-4 near the Atlantic side.
6. Rainbow Springs and Fanning Springs. This is the closest to Tampa.
… AND FOLKS, IF YOU THINK FLORIDA IS JUST THE NE ESCAPE TO THE BEACH, YOU DON’T KNOW FLORIDA LIKE WE RESIDENTS DO.
WE WOULD TELL YOU TO GO HOME.