. Just in case you all forget that I need all your good thoughts and prayers.
Here’s our household renovation list of things I want to tackle now that we have our house. Somehow, someway we are going to get this done.
Here’s the list: *We need to do this after the TAxes.
1. Get a new AC unit. Prevention in Florida is a pound of cure when the sweat is dripping off your nose and the heat is so so bad that you cannot breathe. Get this now before all heat and hell break loose. Spend a summer with snarky me and find out. You’ll see here. This is how we earn our Disney world cheap ass tickets of $134 for three days in non tourist season. TRust me after one summer here, you will see how we have earned it. I feel sorry for Mickey Mouse. Even Disney folks gave him an AC room during the heat of summer. Go Mickey go.
2. Check out getting a new roof with solar. I dream of going totally or semi totally off the Duke Energy grid. I am already sick of power bills. Solar is the wave of the future with wind turbines.
3. Master bedroom and Master bath renovation. Put a window where there is none and widen the bath and take out that nonusable old folks tub in Pop in law’s old bathroom. Add a new tile floor and redo our closet. Add a bath and separate shower and double sink. Make more light come in with a new French door.
4. Build a laundry room with a semi cool Sat. TV in the garage. Add another front loading washer and dryer. I can’t wait to dance around while doing ironing and waiting for the wash. I am going to add an airvent to AC that place once we close it in with an insulated wall close enough to fit the car in there. Level the floor with cheap tile and add a decent cabinet.
5. REdo the kitchen and living room in one boom swoop. Ditch the cabinets in the kitchen and pull the whole now pet accident prone yucky yellow gold rug in the dining and living room. Tile the whole thing and add rugs and new appliances in the kitchen. Convert the kitchen to gas. During a hurricane, the power can go out before going off the grid, so gas rules. At least you can cook. Add a French door that goes out to the new and redone patio near our pool.
6. Redo the back porch and patio last. Level the concrete and extend the patio and resurface the pool deck and get a new fence to make the escape of the Beagle, our Beagle impossible.
7. Make a garden in the backyard that is very edible and delish.
8. Make a meditation garden with statues and maybe a cheapie water fountain or fish pond.
10. Party with friends and celebrate in my own civilized and silly way when it is done.
See what I mean? We used to take road trips. Now we are glued to this house that is paid for.
What did I get myself into?