- Here’s your sign…. You need to be reminded that there is something that you need to change. Most of you all who think you know better, but you don’t. Faith and family mom??? I would never want to be associated with Legionaires after that sex scandal. Why can’t you call yourself Jesus mom? Did Faith and family save your soul? This magazine does not represent most Catholics. We are not angry. We just have had enough of over the top Catholic extremist homeschoolers who claim to be good Catholics, yet they judge everyone else who is not in their over the top box. Normal Catholics send their kids to real school. We are very at peace. We pray together in the morning, yet have to listen to people like you all tell us we don’t pray correctly. We are just tired of it all. There are people who claim they know the faith, yet if you asked them q’s from the Catechism, they say hey and huh in the same sentence. They don’t know and most of them here go to Sed Vacantist Latin Mass parishes that are not in union with the Church. It is old. Or they leave the area after stirring trouble and gossiping about the real pastors. It’s old. Couldn’t you just allow dialogue here? Most Catholic sites do. They have real people on there.
Posted on Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:23 AM by Jeanne and Scott
- Oh according to you all we cannot wait to go to hell. You all are the only Catholics going to heaven, yet most of you all are miserable and pushy and bossy to everyone else. Ninety percent of real Catholics are tired of it. You all go elsewhere. You even criticize bishops.
Posted on Jun 7th, 2013 at 9:27 AM by Jeanne and Scott
- Calling your bluff… I may be wrong…but I don’t recall anyone here claiming they were experts…or implying what you stated about the validity of marital relations…or doubting the love of God…or raising the issue of family size…or challenging the spiritual fatherhood of priests. Are you sure that you want to speak for “every priest”…? I must have missed the gossiping, too. You are done? Thank you. Me too. God bless you.
Posted on Jun 4th, 2013 at 2:00 PM by Doubtful
- Hi Rebecca Teti—what is happening with these open forums? There were two people to whom I was going to respond: boy scouts, and telling in-laws about a visit…where are those posts? Patricia had a wonderful answer that included some names of non-BSA groups that I wanted, as well! Please help!
Posted on Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:42 PM by Donna L.
- Dear unknown, Your anger baffles and saddens me. I pray that you find peace and are able to let go of the perceived prejudices that you seem so certain of. It sounds like you have had some bad experiences with other Catholic women. For that I am sorry. But should one meet uncharitable behavior with even more uncharitable behavior? Please don’t judge the rest of the women here who post in sincerity and in faith…whether they are sharing their doubts, their sorrows or their joys. We all have enough to deal with in this vale of tears, we don’t need to berate each other with our own assumptions. I don’t know who “most of you” or “most of us” are…but I’ve not experienced on this site what you’ve claimed above. May God grant your heart the peace that you desire, the peace that can only come from Him.
Posted on Jun 6th, 2013 at 1:43 PM by Faith & Family mom
- Donna L., Here is the information on Scouting alternatives that I posted earlier in the week (my apologies that the links don’t space well when posting, but you should be able to copy & paste them into your browser): KEPHA: http://kepharocks.org/ COLUMBIAN SQUIRES (junior division of the Knights of Columbus): http://www.kofc.org/en/squires/ SCOUTS OF ST. GEORGE: http://www.taylormarshall.com/2013/05/why-im-starting-new-boy-scouts-my.html An interesting article by Canon Lawyer Edward Peters: http://canonlawblog.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/thoughts-for-catholics-impacted-by-the-boy-scouts-of-america-membership-policies/
Posted on Jun 6th, 2013 at 2:34 PM by Patricia
- Scott Jeanne’s husband: I’m not seeing the connection between what you posted and anything else that was posted above on the Tuesday Open Forum…? Jeanne in Tampa: I’m not sure what pretentious tears you are referring to, but I can see plenty of suffering in the world around us…both physical and spiritual. You’ve made it pretty clear that you don’t care for the content that is posted here at Faith & Family…might I suggest that you save yourself some trouble and begin reading and posting elsewhere…? Just something to think about. I think it would save you a lot of aggravation. I am truly sorry that you feel so much anger against people whom you do not even know.
Posted on Jun 6th, 2013 at 7:17 PM by Faith & Family mom